Friday, November 13, 2009

The Evil Three's

They always say everything happens in three's as well as when one thing goes wrong, everything else goes wrong too.

We had our experience of this a couple of weeks ago.

First was my car. It has been acting a little funny lately with lack of power and the engine missing when trying to accelerate. A while back Jon and my dad changed the fuel filter and spark plugs and it fixed the problem oh for about 2 weeks. Finally, we decided to change the fuel filter again thinking that maybe it was plugged again. After changing it the old one was not plugged and was perfectly fine. Jon and my dad dug deeper into the car and started to check the spark plugs again being that it seemed like my car was miss firing or not firing on all four cylinders. The diagnosis was that I needed new spark plug wires. The wires that I needed I had to order online and it would take about a week to get here. In the mean time I was going to continue to drive my car until it decided to choke and almost die on my way to work. Luckily, I wasn't to far from home and took it back and got the truck. Finally, we got the wire after waiting for what seemed forever and put them on. My car now purrs like a little kitten. It just needed a little TLC :)

While all that was going on that same week the evil number two jumped right on the ban wagon. Yep, the computer burned up. Literally burned up. It had been acting funny and started doing funny things here and there. For example the mouse one day just quit working, the keyboard would type different letters than you were really typing, and finally it would randomly go to a black screen. Most the time you could just restart it and everything would go back to normal. Oh no it didn't happen this night. My sister was playing on the computer and the screen went black. So we turned it off like we normally do and it never came back on, well maybe for 20 seconds. It turned on all by itself like it was going to start back up and then it shut itself off. I looked at my sister and my sister looked at me like what the heck just happened. Within minutes it started to smell like electrical was burning. I unplugged it and called it a night. With that said after a day or two I went on a hunt for a computer. I found a killer deal on a dell. I got it ordered, waited patiently, and it finally arrived. Your probably thinking that's why she hasn't had any post lately -huh-. Your right!!

So with these two things happening within the same week I new something else was awaiting it's turn to jump on that same ban wagon. I kept waiting and waiting wondering what it was going to be. Something big, bad, or something stupid that we can laugh about.

The final conclusion was light bulbs at our house. All four recess lights in our kitchen went out as well as our outdoor garage light withing days of each other in that same week. It probably would of been something that I would have overlooked but being the week that we had I was looking for that evil three.

I just have to say being the week for things to go wrong I am very GRATEFUL that it was little minor things that were manageable that went wrong. I could only think of the other bigger things that could have went wrong.

Just another thought... I really think the bonus monster had something to do with it all. Anytime we get a bonus something comes up that we have to use that money on it. It happened this last spring when I got a bonus and it just barely happened when Jon got his bonus. I think the bonus monster keeps tabs on everyone when they are due to pay up. Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment