Monday, August 15, 2011

“I fix it mommy!”

Last night I was sitting on the couch (yep, of all things I shouldn’t be doing) and Landon was playing with some of his toys. The one toy he was playing with was a Nascar #9 car that would spin its back wheels and make racing car sounds as you played with it. Well, apparently it wasn’t working like it should! He flipped it over and looked at me and said “Look it broke”. He kept pointing at it and repeating this many many times. Finally, he walked over to me and pulled at my arm for me to get up. Once I finally decided to get my lazy butt off the couch I followed him to the laundry room. He pointed up at the shelf above the washer and dryer and said “Please, please, please”. Since he is a smart little cookie he knew that we kept the screw drivers in a tool box on that shelf. So I kindly handed him a screw driver to work on his toy car. He went over to his upside down car and went to town! He would put the screw driver in each hole under the car that contained a screw. After attempting to unscrew each one he flipped the car over and it started to turn its wheels and make car racing sounds just liked he hoped it would. At that moment he looked at me and said “I fix it mommy!”

It was so cute and it was a moment that I just stopped for a minute and smiled… How could you not love this cute little guy?

It just reminded me of so many memories and stories that I heard from my grandma about my dad doing the exact something. My grandma would tell me many times about my dad taking something apart and putting it back together just to see how it works. I guess the curiosity got the best of him. Growing up as a little girl my dad could fix anything! If it broke he fixed it! That included toys, house hold items, and cars; you name it he could fix it. Every time I see Landon trying to fix his toys I just think of these many stories my grandma told me.

I’m sure it helps that his daddy fixes lots of stuff too and Landon loves to help with those jobs as well! I guess he will grow up to be a good handy man.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute, Kimberly! What a darling little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is definately a chip off the old block. Everyday Grandma S. is probably smiling and chuckling that Landon acts or does things just like grandpa did when he was his age. Who knew you could clone grandpa's!!

    ReplyDelete