Monday, August 30, 2010

Is Fall Here Yet?

With fall still around the corner you would have thought by today's weather that it was already here. Which makes me really excited! For the past oh I would say 2 weeks I have been trying to think of every reason to decorate for fall. I love the feeling of the fall decorations around the house. It makes it feel all warm and cozy. Fall is one of my favorite time of year I would have to say (I think when every season changes I say it is my favorite season. Mostly, I think when it the season do change I am ready for a change). Cool crisp temperatures, gorgeous fall leaves, yummy soups, the holiday's begin, home decorations, and just the feeling of the season. Oh and did I forget to mention hunting. I better add that to the list too just in case Jon reads this. He would consider that the best part of fall.

In trying to hold off in putting up my fall decoration I have come up with a few projects to do before that happens. The first one I wasn't planning on until I hit up the Dollar Store. My mom and I was browsing there one day and saw they had their fall flowers out. We both started to put a bouquet together. Needless to say as we walked throughout the store in the end I ended up with a bouquet in a vase.

Now the task was taking it home and actually putting it together and making it look divine.

Here is what I started with... A variety of flowers, vase, ribbon, and bark from a tree.



And here is the end result...


So for around $12 I was able to create this gorgeous fall bouquet. I got everything except for the bark at the Dollar Store. I was able to snag the bark from a dead tree in my parents back yard. I broke it into piece's and lined the inside of the vase with it. I wish you could see it better in the picture but in person you can really see the bark. Not to shabby for my first time putting something like this together.

Now on to the next project... When I am done with that one I will share it too with you. It is also going to be simple and cheap!

3 comments:

  1. one word... STUNNING!!!!

    You'll have to teach me that magic one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good, you'll have to make me one.
    I am proud of you for bringing out that domesticated momma!!

    ReplyDelete