Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kennecott Copper Mine (Rio Tinto)

About a month ago we decided to go visit the visitor's center at the Kennecott Copper Mine or now known as Rio Tinto. If some of you don't know this is also where Jon works. He drives the big trucks around every now and then when he's not doing other stuff.


I have been there a few times through my life but I think that I have forgotten just how big all the equipment is that is up there. It's like a whole city up there. From down in the valley you would never know what goes on up there until you visit it. It was really nice because I had my very own personal guide to tell me about everything. Jon explained to me how everything works, where they are doing blasting, where they are rebuilding roads, and how the shovels work.


I was excited to take Landon to so he could see where his daddy works. Although he probably didn't understand most of it I can say that we took him there.


Here are a few pictures that we took while we were up there. Note: I took these picture on my mom and dad's camera.













1 comment:

  1. So fun! I take it you found the camera?
    I love these pictures. I want to take Cam so bad. Let's go together one day!

    ReplyDelete