Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Day At the PuMpKiN pAtCh

Last Saturday we went to a pumkin patch in Layton. It was lots of fun and I want to do it again next year. You probably ask why in the heck would you go to a pumpkin patch in Layton when you probably passed up 10 on your way there? Well, my friend Sara went there the week before and said that it was fun and pretty much free. The name of the place was J and J nursery which by any means was a huge nursery. Not only would you get a free hay ride and pumpkin for each person they were doing a food drive for the local food bank in Davis county. It was a bit cold but we bared through it. I bundled Landon up with his jacket and the one blanket that I brought. By the time we were done his little nose and fingers were like ice cubes, poor little guy. If it makes you feel any better when we got back to the car we turned the heater up full blast and he warmed right up.

Growing up I don't ever remember going to a pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins. If we did I must of been a little tyke and that is why I don't remember it. As a kid I remember waiting until a week or so before Halloween and going down to our local Albertson's and digging through the many boxes looking for the perfect pumkin. My sister and I always had to find the biggest pumpkin that we could find. I know many times mom and dad wouldn't let us get the big ones and would talk us into the smaller big ones as they would say.

Nothing can replace those special childhood memories that I hold. Anyways, I am glad that we went and I can't wait until next year.



Getting ready to leave to go to the pumpkin patch.






What a cute family picture :)



Landon on the hay ride back. It was exhausting picking out pumpkins





2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so cute of your family! You picked some good pumpkins too. I love how you can see all the pumpkins surrounding you in the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% with Sara... you guys are such an adorable little family! Landon just gets cuter and cuter every time I see him!!

    ReplyDelete