Saturday, October 10, 2009

Friday Night Fun

So Landon is now almost 4 months old and I have been patiently waiting for him to one-day roll over. Many other babies that I have known have all ready done this by now so like any other mom I think that he should too. However, I know one reason why this has not happened yet. The one reason I can think of like I mentioned in my last post is because he doesn't like to lie on the floor. Honestly, I don't blame him. You can only look at the same ceiling and other surroundings (including his toys) for so long. He only last maybe 10 mins on the floor max. I know this is not enough time for him to learn that there is another way to change up the view. After much thought I have made floor time more present than it has been in the past.

On Friday night after I got done putting his adorable PJ's on (I will tell you about the PJ's in a moment) I decided to lie on the floor next to him and play. He was lying on his back and would slightly curl up in a ball and fall on his side so he could see me and smile. I would talk and try and bribe him to finish rolling over but he wouldn't :( I think the problem is that he doesn't know what to do with the arm that he is trying to roll over. That dang arm is acting like a roadblock for him and I have decided that I need to have a little chat with that arm.

Anyways after many attempts and a half hour of trying I finally helped him roll on to his tummy to show him how it works. This is when the MAGIC happened. I started to get up off the floor and glanced down and it happened. He rolled over from his tummy to his back. Yeah, it finally happened!!! I looked at Jon and said, "Did you see that?” He sadly missed it. So I was on a mission to get him to do it again. I thought "Hey, maybe you might want to go get the camera". So I barreled on up the stairs, grabbed the camera, and barreled back down the stairs to discover that he rolled over again. I couldn't believe I missed it. So for the next hour I tried and tried to get it on camera and would he do it? Nope. That little sticker would not do it. I hope he knows that one day I will get it on camera. Now we just need to work on getting him to roll over from his back to his tummy.

Now about the adorable PJ's. My mom made this way cute Cars blanket and gave it to me at one of my showers. She then later found some really cute PJ's to match it that had Cars all over them. The PJ's are a little big but they worked and I couldn't resist not getting any pictures of him in them. So here they are.


This is after a hour of trying to roll over and mommy taking lots of pictures. Needless to say it was bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. Yay big boy! I love the PJ's too! I am so glad I got to see his cute face on Saturday even though it was quick.

    ReplyDelete